Stop in, look around, have a drink and crank some tunes. I'll be posting some songs ripped from records, some out of print and hard to find stuff, some songs by artists you should be listening to, and a few mixes here and there.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Mighty Marvel Marching Society

















































I love the classic Marvel look and stories. Here is a song from a floppy record that was given out to members of the Mighty Marvel Marching Society, the Marvel Comics fan club in the 60's. I'm a little confused about the exact name of the song. The envelope says Scream Along With Marvel, but the record says March-A-Long With Marvel. I guess I'll call it the March-A-Long... Check out the awesome artwork on this. I've slowly been collecting things from the MMM's when I find them. Good stuff. Sorry, I don't know who the singers are.

THE MARVEL SUPERHEROES HAVE ARRIVED


MARCH-A-LONG WITH MARVEL


10 comments:

Jon Barzeele said...

This is way cool! Thanks!

Fog said...

Thanks for sharing!

This interview clip I put up on YouTube has Stan Lee describing this record - check it out :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96bDHeoOKa0

K.B. said...

Thanks so much for posting this. There is a great Justice League song album that sounds much like this.

Anonymous said...

I still have this record, though it got a fold in it from years of wear (it makes an interesting bumping noise when played). You can't say you have this problem about too many records. When I joined the MMMS, I used an older coupon that had a cheaper price... they sent me MOST of the membership kit! I got what I deserved... but it did come with the record. That and the "Make Mine Marvel" button I still have! - hcc

Poptique said...

Here's a question I'd love to know the answer to - was this used as the theme to the old, barely animated Marvel Super Hero cartoons in the 60s?

I've never seen a fully packaged episode - on the segments for each hero (Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Sub Mariner - I think that's all...)

Anonymous said...

Does it really say "the exotic AND EROTIC aquatic superhero, or have I finally lost it?

Bob Bourne said...

The proper name for these type of records is a Soundsheet or Evatone Soundsheet. I've written a history of them in issue #3 of my zine Generation Exploitation. The McDonald's and Mr. Bill soundsheets are pretty dope too!

Anonymous said...

This is AMAZING. Thanks!

Mr. Hentai said...

Bless you, I've wanted these FOREVER!!!

Alexei Luthor said...

Can you re-post this??? :0)